The New Year is just around the corner and design experts are looking ahead at trends and styles that will define 2023. If you’re looking to remodel your kitchen then you’ll want to balance classic features with colors and patterns that reflect your individual personality, as well as take into consideration the current trends and contemporary designs.
With a focus on fuss-free features, ergonomic design, and fresh aesthetics, we’ve asked the Hestia Construction & Design experts for the latest on-trend looks to inspire your kitchen remodel project.
Key Kitchen Color Trends for 2023
Life as we all know it has drastically changed in the last couple of years and lifestyle choices have been reflected in our interior design choices. There’s a strong shift away from the ‘show home’ style in favor of a back-to-nature vibe with simple and informal features.
These natural colors reflect nature and provide a calming ambience to the hub of a family home, the kitchen:
- Blues –It’s no surprise that ocean blues are being used as a strong kitchen color, as there’s nothing as calming as a steady, soothing wave. Royal Blue and lighter Baby Blues will feature in 2023 kitchens and are a great choice for those looking to create a peaceful, airy kitchen space.
- Greens –A calming color palette of mint and sage green are a popular choice for kitchen remodeling in Houston.
- Neutrals –All white kitchens may begin to look dated in 2023, instead the trend is moving towards earthy colors of sand and the desert.
Creative Cabinetry in Your Houston Kitchen Remodel
Where would our kitchens be without expansive storage to tuck away all our pots and pans? Cabinetry remains a crucial part of any kitchen remodeling project. Not only will it affect how you organize your kitchen, but it will also influence your kitchen’s design style. Expect brand-new looks and innovations for 2023, along with the return of iconic favorites that time will never forget.
- Dark stained wood – Expect to see all-white cabinets swapped out in favor of warm, natural wood tones. Just like with color schemes, the introduction of woods brings us back to nature in a comfortable way.
- Cabinets to the ceiling –Unless you have a specific stylistic purpose for the traditional space left on top of kitchen cabinets, take them all the way up to the ceiling.
- Mixed materials – Who said that your kitchen cabinets had to be wood, anyways? Mixed materials will continue to gain popularity in everything from staircases to cabinetry in 2023.
- Bold colors – If the natural look isn’t for you, try this on for size! Big, bold colors are becoming more popular, especially for your kitchen cabinets. Bright yellows, oranges, and reds will all add a pop of color to homeowners’ lives this New Year.
- Stained-glass panels –Perhaps something you may associate at your grandma’s house full of crockery barely used but stained-glassed panels on cabinets are making a triumphant return. Add a touch of nostalgia to your kitchen remodel.
- Two-toned cabinets – Create a unique, stunning look by combining two colors to create a cabinet fit for your home. A two-toned cabinet can bring depth to a space and is a subtle variation that makes you very design conscious.
With a host of options for your kitchen remodel in your Houston home, you’re bound to be inspired. When it comes to your cabinetry, matte and satin kitchen cupboard doors are a more on-trend choice than a gloss finish as they offer a warmer, less-polished look.
Smart Storage from Your Kitchen Remodeling Company
Functional and flawless, that’s what our customers look for when planning their storage facilities in their kitchen remodeling project. To plan a successful layout, you’ll want to factor in all the space available to you in your kitchen to help keep clutter out of sight and let your space work harder for you.
It’s no surprise that storage solutions in 2023 will focus on being practical and accessible rather than over-designed. Homeowners will request large, easy-access storage, such as pan drawers in islands and wide-opening larder units. Bending down, getting on your knees, and awkwardly peering into the dark abyss is no longer required when trying to find your frying pan with kitchens featuring lower drawers!
Eco-Friendly Kitchen Design Ideas
Taking eco-friendly designs into consideration when speaking with your kitchen remodeling contractor is more important than ever. From construction methods to materials used to complete your dream Houston kitchen. Nowadays, there’s no need to have to compromise in order to be environmentally conscious.
Prevent good items going to waste by using reclaimed and salvaged materials. Get crafty with making your own kitchen accessories with recycled materials and create a personal finishing touch to your home.
If you’re opting for natural, warm tones in your kitchen then you’ll want to install high-quality wooden cabinets to finesse the look. When purchasing your cabinetry, ensure that products have come from responsible managed forests that provide environmental, social, and economic benefits. It’s also worth considering cork for an eco-friendly kitchen, along with biodegradable linoleum.
Many contemporary advances in kitchen applications are aimed not only at simplifying tasks but making them more energy efficient too. A boiling water tap, for example, not only provides hot water on demand, but also can save you money on your electricity bill compared to using an alternative.
Technology in the Kitchen
If you love to cook or spend time in your kitchen, then technology can help make the hub of your home even more functional. In 2023, technology will play a more valuable role in the kitchen, with features such as hands-free faucets, built-in coffee makers and refrigerated drawers becoming more commonplace.
Professional Kitchen Remodeling Contractors in Houston
Hestia Construction & Design offers bespoke kitchen remodeling services in Houston and Austin, Texas. Hestia’s professional team has years of residential remodeling experience, and our goal is to provide each of our clients with a unique, customized kitchen remodel that is tailored to their specific needs. Let’s begin your kitchen remodeling project today.